- Do carry a copy /original national identity proof and driving license(must) if planning for self-drive on Islands.
- If choosing an overnight flight for travelling, you will surely be sleep-deprived. So make sure to keep fewer places to visit on day 1.
- Do Carry all the essential medicines and first aid kit.
- Do carry hats/caps, glares along with good SPF sunscreen.
- Do carry colorful flared dresses to get some excellent clicks on the beach.
- The internet facilities are frail here, so don’t rely on it, not even on Hotels’ wifi.
- Jio network doesn’t work here at all. Networks like Airtel, Vodafone & bsnl are better.
- Don’t pick any shell/corals from any beach or carry back with you. These are banned and punishable.
- Sufficient ATMs are available in Portblair, but online money transfer/swipe machines are available only at hotels and resorts; everywhere else, you need to pay cash.
- It is suggested to book a customized tour with some travel agency to avoid the hustle and wait in a long queue for buying ferry, speed boat, and other tickets.
- Sunrises and sets a little early here, so plan everything accordingly.
- Alcohol shops are available in Portblair and Havelock island, which opens from 3:00 pm. To 8:00 pm.
- If carrying alcohol, make sure it is sealed and take the bill for security check-in at seaports; else, you’ll not be able to bring it to other islands.
- The local people are amiable and ready to help whenever required.
- It is a beautiful and clean place; lets’ try to maintain it by disposing of all the wastes/used bottles and wrappers in the dustbin, which are readily available throughout the city.
Happy tripping 🙂
Do visit and feel free to ask if you have any questions.